WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008
Supported Platforms: x86 and x64
Prerequisite Software Requirement
You must install this software prior to installing the WCF LOB Adapter SDK.
a. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
b. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Note: You require this only if you want to either build custom adapters or develop solutions that use the adapters built using the WCF LOB Adapter SDK.
c. Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 or Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009
Note: You require this only if you want to use the adapters with BizTalk.
1. Download the setup files from the Microsoft Download Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=96184 to a temporary location on your computer.
4. To start the installation wizard, navigate to the folder containing the setup files and click AdapterFramework.msi (for an x86-based platform) or AdapterFramework64.msi (for an x64-based platform).
If a previous version of the WCF LOB Adapter SDK is detected, you will be prompted to upgrade the existing installation. To continue with an upgrade installation, click Ok; otherwise, click Cancel to exit the installation.
- To install the run time and tools, click Typical.
- To select the features that you want to install and the installation location, select Custom.
To install the base WCF LOB Adapter SDK run-time features, select Runtime.
To install the WCF LOB Adapter SDK development tools including the Adapter Development Wizard, Visual Studio Plug-in for generating a .NET Proxy (Add Adapter Service Reference Visual Studio Plug-in) and BizTalk Add-in for generating XML Schemas in a BizTalk Project (Consume Adapter Service BizTalk Project Add-in), select Tools.
To install the sample Contoso and Echo adapters, select Samples.
- To install all the features, click Complete.
Installing Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0
1. Download the setup files from the Microsoft Download Center at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=76736BA7-3C05-4436-9353-1C33F9005194&displaylang=en to a temporary location on your computer.
2. Run Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x86.exe
3. Set extract location and select Unzip. From the root location of the installation CD, double-click AdaptersSetup.msi (for an x86-based platform) or AdaptersSetup64.msi (for an x64-based platform).
To install only the adapter that you will use to interface with your enterprise application, you should perform a Custom installation.
For this release, Typical and Complete options essentially perform the same action.
Configure BizTalk for the new Adapters
Now that the new Adapters have been installed you expect them to appear in BizTalk Administration Console, nope!
4. Click OK.
5. Repeat steps on 1-4 for each adapter in the drop down list.